All About OMR Scanner for OMR Sheet Scanning
- Scanner performs the scanning of OMR sheets
- OMR Form reader and OMR Answer Sheet Checker Software read, evaluate and processes data of the scanned OMR sheets.
- Any regular image scanner with good scanning speed works well for scanning OMR sheets.
- Scanner and Addmen OMR software perform two independent operations. Hence, scanning can be done on a PC without the OMR software.
Any model of an ADF Scanner (Automatic Document Feeder) or a flatbed image scanner with good speed of scanning can be used for OMR Sheet Scanning.
OMR Software needs no integration with the OMR image scanner.
So sheets can also be scanned on any PC even if it does not have OMR Software.
For high speed scanning use ADF Scanner. The effort in placing each sheet to the flatbed scanner is minimized as you can put 30-50 sheets in ADF scanner pocket.
ADF Image Scanner
has pocket for Automatic Scanning.
Flatbed Image Scanner
also works but slow because it scans one by one.
Image Scanner Model for OMR Sheet Scanning in India
- Choice of scanners is based on requirements like workload, budget, scanner speed and its features.
- Flatbed scanners are slow because sheets have to be manually scanned one by one while ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) scanners can scan multiple sheets automatically.
- The cheapest entry level ADF scanners with a scanning speed of 10 pages/min are priced around INR 7000-8000/-.
- Mid range and high-end ADF scanners for professionals can scan documents with a speed of 20-30 pages/min to 80-120 pages/min respectively. These scanners are priced around INR 20000-90000/-.
The table below can give you a brief idea about the most commonly used ADF Image Scanners in India for OMR Sheet Scanning.
* Figures given below are approx. and may vary or change as per manufacturer.
|HP 4615 Officejet
||Single side scan (30 pg ADF)
Colour Inkjet Printer + Copy
|HP Scanjet 3000
||100 Sheet ADF Scanner Pocket
|HP Scanjet 7500 / 8750
||100 Sheet ADF Scanner Pocket
Available in DGS&D Rate Contract
|Kodak i 1210
|Canon IR 3300,5000,6000
Ricoh, Xerox, Sharp or equivalent
||Big Copier machines with network printer and ADF pocket used in offices. Can be used for scanning sheets larger than Legal size.
Several other models from Panasonic, Xerox, Epson are also available which can be used.
OMR Scanner Price in India
Starting Range > Cheapest available ADF Scanner used for OMR Sheet Scanning are priced between INR 7000-8000/-. These ADF Scanners scan at an approx. speed of 10 pages per minute. These are good and durable machines well suited for a workload of around 1000 sheets at a time.
Professional Range > High speed ADF Image scanners or Document Scanners for OMR Sheet Scanning have a price range of INR 20,000-90,000/-. Lower end scanners scan at a speed of approx. 20-30 pages per minute while high end scanners scan at a speed of around 80-120 pages per minute.
OMR Software v/s OMR Scanning Machines
|Addmen OMR Software does not need costly OMR Sheet Scanning Machines |
|Two types of OMR Solutions exist in the market today :
|Based on OMR Software
(New Process - Recommended)
|Based on OMR Scanning Machine
(Conventional Process - Obsolete)
|It uses regular simple Image scanner to scan OMR Sheets and later the processing is done by OMR Software. Flatbed or ADF Image scanners are available everywhere and very reasonably priced.
||It uses high speed OMR Machine which has a built-in scanner and data processing software. These are expensive Machines available on order basis in big cities only, and it also requires special sheets.